“This is THE EXCITING look of Efficient Dynamic”.
Head of Exterior Design BMW Automobiles
The new Vision concept of BMW, car for the efficient dynamics philosophy will become a production model in 2013. Sport fans call this concept “The car of the future”. More efficient and dramatically styled BMW car includes all the green car technologies in one concept: Chevy Volts, Toyota Prius plug-ins and Peugeot diesel hybrid.
• a direct-injection – 1.5-liter,
• three-cylinder turbo diesel,
• two electric motors – one per axle,
• a set of lithium-ion batteries,
• CO2 emissions of 99 grams per kilometer ,
• 155-mph top speed and a 0-60 mph time of less than 4.8 seconds,
• A software controller that modulate both power to a combined total of 356 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque.
The plug-in technology used means the concept car would use a standard 220-volt household outlet to recharge its batteries. A 2.5-hour recharge time is predicted, though on a 380-volt line, BMW says a 44-minute full recharge is possible. Driving range could pass 400 miles with fuel or 31 miles on electricity alone, BMW also adds. This concept “Vision Efficient Dynamics” could provide all-wheel drive in electric-only mode, with battery power twisting its front and rear axles at the same time. The hybrid power train is actually two different applications: a “conventional” hybrid system applied to the back wheels and a hybrid motor hooked to the front wheels.BMW Vision Efficient Dynamics concept’s design has a dynamic look of sports car. This unique sports car is a result of intelligent lightweight technology and aerodynamic efficiency.