4-14 of March was held an annual auto show in Geneva, which is well known as the International Geneva Motor Show. The 8th edition of the auto show was more impressive than ever. Despite of the crisis of 2009, the show was a real pleasure to both manufacturers and participants. A fantastic show was demonstrated. The different approaches and visions of manufacturers were appreciated by auto lovers and just visitors. 250 exhibitors from 30 countries showed 100 car premieres at the International Geneva Motor Show.
More than 11 000 representatives of media were welcome at PALEXPO. They had two press days (2-3 of March), for illustrating to public the greatest event of automobile industry.
Some outlines from the event:
• Volkswagen and Suzuki will work together on small cars. Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn and Chairman Osamu Suzuki shook hands.
• Chief Executive Officer of BMW AG, Norbert Reithofer presented a BMW Concept ActiveE on the first press day at the Geneva Motor Show.
• The new Audi A1 was presented by Audi CEO Rupert Stadler and US singer Justin Timberlake.
• Porsche CEO Michael Macht drove the new Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid.
• One of the absolute highlights at the 2010 Geneva Show was the world debut of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan.
• The BMW ActiveHybrid X6 and the BMW ActiveHybrid 7 were also highlighted in Geneva before their launch to market.
The atmosphere of the event was very warm and hospitable. Undoubtedly, the show had very positive results and the past eleven days were highly successful. Wait for the International Geneva Motor Show 2011, which will take place on 3-13 of March, 2011 at GENEVA PALEXPO.